As noted on the link to Unit Location Summary on the website 1-37 Armor had the following Cold War Presence as verified in 2015 during ABRAMS REFORGER:
– 1958-1966 McKee Barracks in Crailsheim (Base is currently gone and a monument stands where the gate once was. Some of the housing area is still In use.)
– 1966-1969 Hindenburg Kaserne, Ansbach. (Base is gone and much of the Kaserne has been converted into a school and shopping center. The Building that housed 1-37 Armor still exists.)
– 1969-1988 Bismarck Kaserne, Katterbach. (Base is intact and used by the Ansbach Military Community.)
– 1988-1996 Rose Barracks, Vilseck (Base that was built in 1987-1988 is still intact and occupied by the 2CR.)
– 1997-2007 Ray Barracks, Friedberg (Base is still there but closed and no action has been taken on the shuttered barracks. Some of the buildings were to be converted to house refugees.)\.
1-37 Armor Alumni… Because it really was the best job you ever had! www.abramsstandards.com
Only 14 Days Remaining To Register
– Only 14 Days Left
– 21st Annual 1-37 Armor Reunion
– Milwaukee, WI
– 22-25 September, 2016
– Harley-Davidson Factory and Museum Tour
– Guest Speaker LTC Ken Braeger, Commander 1-37 Armor Fort Bliss, Texas
– 30 1-37 Armor Veterans projected in attendance.
– Meet the Iron Men, 1-37 Armor Veterans before 1970!!
– Earn The Coveted DVD
Get off the Maybe!
Get on the Plane!
Rejoin Our Battalion!
1-37 Armor Alumni… Because it really was the best job you ever had!
Our initial goal for this year’s event was for 30 each 1-37 Armor Veterans to attend the 21st Annual Reunion in Milwaukee 22-25 September 2016!
Already, 32 each 1-37 Armor Veterans have advised intent to attend in writing (11 from Vilseck era, 9 from Friedberg era, 9 from Katterback era, and 9 from Crailsheim era. OPORD has been sent via email to all Alumni Members and is also available on Reunions page of aulumni website! The last page of OPORD is the registration, and the registration period closes in less than 60 days!! Click, Print, and mail!!
Get off the Maybe! Get On the Plane!
1-37 Armor Alumni… because it really was the best job you ever had. www.abramsstandards.com